Study finds carcinogen above FDA limit in several hand sanitizer brands
As reported by CBS Morning, Valisure, an independent pharmacy and lab that tests drug products for quality, says it tested 260 products and found elevated levels of benzene in more than 20 of them.
Benzene is a known human carcinogen, and exposure to it is known to cause blood disorders, including leukemia.
Below is a list of the hand sanitizer brands that this study found have levels of benzene above allowable levels.
- SS Lavender & Herbs Scented Sanitizer
- Huangjisoo Hand Sanitizer Gel Type Hand Cleanser
- True Wash Instant Hand Sanitizer Natural
- The Crème Shop Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer Peppermint-Scented Infused with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E
- Star Wars Mandalorian Hand Sanitizer (blue and green)
- Body Prescriptions Winter Mint Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer
- Born Basic Anti-Bac Hand Sanitizer
- Beauty Concepts Sugar Cookie Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer
- Pure Logic Hand Sanitizer Aloe + Green Tea
- Miami Carry On Instant Sanitizer Gel Soothing Gel – Wash Free – With Aloe
- Natural Wunderz Triple Action Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer Aloe Vera
- Clean-Protect-Sanitize Hand Sanitizer
- Puretize Hand Sanitizer
- Hand Clean 100 Ethanol Gel
See below for links to the CBSNews article and the laboratory testing results.